- "Ireland is the first country to introduce a plastic bag tax, or PlasTax. The result? A 90 percent decrease in plastic bag use."
- "In Australia, dual-flush toilets, which use 60 percent less water than single-flush models, have been mandatory in most new buildings and homes for years."
- "Sweden offers tax reductions, free parking and exemptions from city congestion fees for citizens driving environmentally friendly cars."
- "Since 2006, Spain has required that solar thermal energy power 30 to 70 percent of the domestic hot water used in all new construction and renovations."
- "The Swiss must dispose of their garbage using government-issued trash bags. In Zurich, they cost 5 Swiss francs (about $4.50) per bag. The Swiss recycle as much as they throw away."
What smart eco ideas are being put to work in your neck of the woods?