Environmentalist extraordinaire and star of hit eco show Living With Ed, Ed Begley Jr. recently chatted with Green Muze about his ideas for green living. Ed also shared his ideas for the top five ways that people can go green. Many of them are surprisingly easy! Check out Ed's ideas below.
- Get out of your car as much as you can. Walk, take public transportation, or ride a bike as much as you can.
- Get energy-efficient lighting for your house. The earth and your wallet will both thank you.
- Put weather stripping up around your doors and windows, making your home tight and efficient.
- Start a compost container or pile, and use it for starting a home garden — it will deliver great food through a great pastime. If you live in an apartment, get part of a community garden!
- Practice the 3 Rs — reduce, reuse, recycle.