Today is International Women's Day. Annually on this day, thousands of events are held throughout the world to inspire women and celebrate their achievements. Definitely look in your local paper to see if there are any events in your community celebrating this day, and for now, take a look at some of my favorite posts celebrating creative women here on CasaSugar.
- Designer Natalie Chanin creates beautiful and innovative repurposed designs for your home.
- Architect Zaha Hadid was the first woman to win the Pritzker Prize in its 26-year history.
- Artist Yvette Molina paints dreamy flora on aluminum.
- Photographer Tria Giovan has established a successful career shooting for a number of coveted shelter magazines.
- Designer Sheila Bridges makes inspiring interiors for livable and lovely homes.
- Architect Julia Morgan was the first woman allowed in Paris's Ecole des Beaux-Arts.
- Artist Cal Lane brings an unexpected feminine twist to traditionally male-dominated objects.
- Designer Eva Zeisel has not only lived an incredible and dramatic life, she's also making beautiful designs well into her 90s.