On Black Friday, you can find me curled up at home with my friends and relatives, enjoying Thanksgiving pumpkin pie for breakfast and avoiding the crowds. I do shop Small Business Saturday — I perhaps enjoyed it a bit too much this year, as my bank statement may attest. But what I really enjoy is shopping Cyber Monday. Here are a few of my favorite reasons for shopping today.
- In my opinion, shopping with your feet on the coffee table is a lot better than pounding the pavement — or hitting the malls — to try to get your hands on that coveted sale item.
- Some of my favorite independent online shops don't have actual physical stores, which means their Cyber Monday sales are even more exciting, as online is the only place to get their deals.
- You can also shop Etsy for Cyber Monday. Just plug "Cyber Monday" into the search box to see what deals await you.
- I like to browse through my Twitter stream to find tweeted and retweeted Cyber Monday deals. Even better? Most of the tweets link directly to the sales. A click or two is all it takes to get shopping.
- It also helps to get a little help from your online friends. Today, we're letting all of our Facebook friends know about last-minute Cyber Monday sales by posting about the sales on our Facebook wall. (Are you following CasaSugar yet on Facebook?)