If you love to make your own bouquets for your home, you can easily make one for your own wedding, or for that of a friend or family member. Not only will you help to save money, you'll also create a unique, personalized bouquet that will help to make the day more special. Remember to try to go with simple, fresh flowers that are grown locally — if you can buy from a flower grower or farm and cut the flowers yourself the day before the wedding, you're guaranteed to have gorgeous, fresh blooms.
What You'll Need
- Floral Wire
- Stem Wrap Tape
- Hot Glue
- Long Stemmed Fresh Flowers
- Preservative Solution
- Small Bucket
- Fabric or Ribbon that matches or contrasts well with bridesmaids' dresses
To find out how to "build" your bouquet,
- To maximize your flowers' freshness, soak flowers in a preservative solution in the small bucket overnight.
- Gather the flowers together, and wrap (not too tightly) the wire around the stems, until the stems are covered.
- Trim the stems, using the knife.
- Wrap floral tape around the wires.
- Spread the stems until the flowers are arranged as you would like.
- Wrap the ribbon or fabric around the base and stems of the flowers. You can use hot glue to secure it, or you can simply wrap it tightly.
- Enjoy the gorgeous bridal bouquet!