How About Orange recently constructed this clever photo frame out of some items found around the house. I can't believe this is made from cardboard!
What You'll Need
- corrugated cardboard
- cutting surface
- scissors or other cutting tool
- glue gun
- cotton batting or fleece
To find out how to construct it,
Here's how, from How About Orange:
- Cut a piece of corrugated cardboard to the size you want. (Make sure the opening is slightly smaller than the dimensions of the photo you intend to frame.)
- Cut a piece of cotton batting or thick fleece exactly the same size and glue it to the cardboard, then turn it face down.
- Next, cut your fabric into a rectangle that allows you enough extra to wrap around to the back of the frame.
- Trim the outer corners off at 45º and cut slits toward the inner corners.
- Then wrap the fabric to the back and glue.
- Add a felt backing with either a slit for inserting your photo, or just stick on two separate pieces, one for the pocket and another strip across the top to hide the fabric's ugly raw edges
- When you glue the felt on, apply the glue just outside of the area where the photo will sit. Make sure the outer edges are stuck down, too, and add some magnets to hold it on your fridge.