I've been reflecting on this Budget Living Etched Mirror DIY project that I saw on A Room Somewhere, and I think you can really make a statement with it, or just something pretty to match your reflection. I like the silhouette idea, but the one shown is a little amateur. A bit more detail would up the intrigue. Personally, I'd like to do an ornate frame shape. What shape would you make?
To learn the steps,
- Cut the piece of Con-tact paper into your desired shape.
- Remove the paper's backing, and center on the mirror.
- Press the paper down firmly and smoothly, and make sure there are no air bubbles.
- Make sure the room is well-ventilated.
- Brush a thick layer of the etching cream onto the exposed areas, using broad, even strokes.
- Let it set for 5 minutes.
- Rinse off the cream with tap water.
- Remove the paper, and voilà!