If plunking down serious cash for an assembled potting station isn't an option, you'll appreciate Sunset magazine's brilliant solution for making your own (on the cheap!). Turns out, old ladders can be put to good use. All you'll need is two or three hours and about $76 to execute this DIY potting station. Not into gardening? Try using it as a handy indoor shelf instead!
Keep reading for the garden accessories you'll need to trick out your new potting station! Warning: your neighbors might be jealous.
- Papaja pots ($5): Rainbow-hued pots add a splash of unexpected color to leafy greens.
- Laura Ashley Garden Glove ($26): Forget the khaki-colored man gloves — these floral finds are well-suited for those who have a green thumb and a fashion sense.
- DeWit Tools ($28 each): Hand-forged steel and ash veneer make these both sturdy and stylish.
- Gold Garden Hose ($136): With a hose like this, who cares about putting it away after each use?
- Lime Watering Can ($10, regularly $15): The long and slim spout allows for more precise watering.
- Copper Garden Labels ($18): Label seedlings or herbs with these metallic beauties.