Want to capture a pet, friend, child, or even flower or plant in a silhouette portrait? Then check out this silhouette portrait tutorial I found on More Ways to Waste Time.
Here's What You Need
- Digital camera.
- Computer with PhotoShop (or one you can borrow from a friend).
- Subject to photograph.
To find out how to make your portrait, just read more
- Using a digital camera, photograph your subject from the side. Shooting against a white wall or a white poster board will make it easier to digitally remove the background during the next step.
- Open the picture in Photoshop. Use the Magic Wand tool to select the background for removal. Once clicked, the background will be outlined and highlighted. Go to "edit" and click "cut." The background will disappear.
- Now go to "image" and click "adjustments." Select "desaturate" to remove all color.
- In "adjustments," select "brightness/contrast." Then lower the brightness and increase the contrast until your image becomes a silhouette.
- If the image isn't completely silhouetted, use the Paintbucket tool (with black as the color selection) to fill in as needed, placing the cursor dead center and clicking until your desired effect is achieved.
- Using the Image tool, select "image size" to set your desired dimensions.
- Save your silhouette as a JPEG file.
- Burn the file to a CD, take it to a copy shop, and print it on paper or card stock.
- Trim the edges and frame.
- Enjoy your new creation!