Good-looking, counter space-saving spice racks are hard to find. So, why not hang your spices on the wall? My Aim Is True has a great DIY that'll help you both to see and store your spices out in the open. You'll no longer have three half-empty containers of cinnamon hiding in the back of your cabinet, or four different brands and shapes of spice jars sitting uncoordinated in your cabinet. To learn the how to make this spice rack,
- Watchmaker's Tin Cases
- Super strong magnets
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Magnetic strips (or here and here)
- White paint pen
- Heat up your glue gun.
- Glue the super strong magnets to the back of the tin cases.
- Let dry.
- Collect your spices. Pour them into the tins.
- Jot the name of each spice on either the front (if you have good hand-writing) or back of the tin using the paint pen.
- Install the magnetic strips on your wall. Don't put them too close to the heat source; it may damage the spices.
- Make sure your tins are screwed closed tightly. Then, hang them on the strip! Voilà!
If you're really lazy, you can just buy The Container Store 5-Canister Magnetic Spice Rack ($14.99), but the DIY is more economical. Also, if you have a magnetic fridge, you can ditch the strips all together and just attach the tins to your refrigerator door.