I came across a DIY video for lanky magnetic flower vases on Curbly that was so magical and simple I decided to transcribe it for you. Essentially, by slipping a metal plate under your table, you can fool your dinner guests into thinking your wobbly, skinny vase (with a magnet butt) can stand up on its own. You can find all of the supplies at your local hardware store.
- One sink water line extender/thin metal pipe to use as the vase stem
- A metal sheet to use as a base
- A hack saw
To learn the steps and see the video,
- Trim the pipes down to size using the hacksaw.
- Fill in the base of the pipe with some silicone all-purpose caulk (which will make it waterproof).
- Glue magnets onto the bottom of the pipe using superglue.
- Lay the metal base on your dining table.
- Lay your tablecloth on top.
- Then, put the stem vase on top of both; it should be magnetized to the metal sheet.
- Slip a long-stemmed flower in to the vase. Fini!