MyHomeIdeas has a wonderful DIY project called "One Wreath, Three Ways" that I'm a little late to discover. But, it's still valid for Christmas and New Year's, so I thought I'd share.
Here's what you need:
- One 24-inch grapevine wreath
- One red ribbon (4+ yards)
- One other colored ribbon (2+ yards)
- Two boxes of assorted glass ball ornaments
- Small party trinkets
- One package of plastic cocktail glass favors
- One can of vivid green spray paint
- Four sprays of brightly hued metallic branches
- Florist’s wire
To learn how to make these versatile wreaths,
- Lay the wreath onto newspaper.
- Spray paint it green.
- Add your festive red bow.
- Use the florist's wire to attach your ornaments.
- Hang over your door with red ribbon.
- Merry Christmas!
New Year's Wreath:
- Remove the bow and glass ornaments.
- Attach party trinkets and metallic branches with florist's wire.
- Hang with your colored ribbon.
- Happy New Year!