Want a fun, fulfilling project? Have a bunch of champagne or wine crates you need to transform? Or maybe you want some unique, upcycled bedside tables that will cost you nearly nothing to make? Then check out these wine crate bedside tables.
This project was obviously inspired by the wine crate display cases from Design*Sponge, but I've decided to use them for bedside tables instead of mounting them on the wall. I also applied a coat of linseed oil wood stain on the exterior to match our bedroom.
Here's what you need:
- two wine crates
- paint or stain for the wine crates
- wrapping or craft paper that has a great design
- a ruler
- paint brushes (one large and one small)
- Mod Podge
To learn the steps to make these bedside tables,
- Paint the exterior of the crates, along with the edges, with your chosen color of paint or stain.
- Let dry overnight in a well-aerated area (such as a garage or a porch).
- Measure the sides for depth and length, and cut paper to your measurements.
- Using Mod Podge or similar fixative, brush glue onto the wood, lay down paper, smooth flat, and then apply glue to the top of paper. Repeat for each side of box.
- Let dry, then arrange in your bedroom to your liking. Books fit great in the interior, and there's enough room on top for lamps, clocks, and other bedroom essentials.