The February issue of House Beautiful has a list of 101 decorating makeovers that they're calling "small changes that make a big difference." Considering that it's Renewal month, I figured I'd share a few of my favorites with you, which may serve as inspiration for reinventing some part of your own homes. I encourage you all to try at least one, and let me know how it goes! To get clued in on some of the small changes, just
- "Find a tired old bargain brass chandelier at a thrift shop or antiques shop. Spray paint it white. Or a color— if you have the courage."
- "Paint a white paper lampshade your favorite color— the color you'll never find in the lampshade department."
- "Wallpaper the inside of your bedroom closet."
- "Use leftover wallpaper to line the drawers of your bedside table."
- "Buy a big pretty tray— try lacquer. Take all the things on your coffee table and arrange them on the tray for a whole new pulled-together look."
- "Put a real rug, not a bathroom rug, in front of your bathroom sink. It will hold up just fine."