As the sequel to Decorating Makeovers Part I, here's a handful of my favorite tips from House Beautiful's 101 Decorating Makeovers, in the February issue. I'm sure you can make way for one of these changes in your home, and you'll see that they have a big impact on renewing your home. Go for it when you
- "Out of season, stack your leftover wood—artfully—in your fireplace."
- "Open that coffee table book! Instead of displaying the cover, open it wide to your favorite page and let it really take over your coffee table."
- "Buy a large map, poster, or print and cut it into equal parts. Frame all the sections and reassemble them on the wall."
- "Instead of buying complete matched sets of towels (something's always missing at the store), buy different shades of one color and mix it up."
- "Gather all your accessories that are the same color from every room in your house. Don't worry how they relate or what you bought to go with what. Now . . . group all of them together on a tabletop."