Smoke detectors are a necessity when it comes to your living space, but there's another vapor that homeowners and renters should be protecting themselves from: carbon monoxide (CO). Unlike smoke, this lethal gas is odorless, tasteless, and colorless, which is why it's a good idea to have at least one CO detector in your home. I tend to think you can never be too safe when it comes to your pad, which is why we've had one in our bedroom since the day we moved in. It's also why I was surprised to learn that nearly half of my friends and family have admitted to not having any kind of carbon monoxide detecting device in their houses — most didn't even know that CO could be a problem. So what about you? Do you use a CO detector where you live?