If you thought we were going to get overly Autumnal on you – surprise! True, we've housed our fair share of metallic pumpkins and dried leaf arrangements, but sometimes it's the subtle details that make the biggest impact. When we stumbled upon this mantel from Lonny Magazine, we had to take note. Check out our five tips for stealing this rustic vintage vibe for your home!
- If your hearth is a hot mess, fake it! Instead of showing your fireplace, cover it with a painting – extra points if it actually looks like a real fireplace.
- Add a cozy cabin feel with taxidermy or antlers. If a real deer head isn't your speed, opt for an inspired version like this white resin deer head or a collection of mounted antlers.
- Celebrate your inner bookworm by displaying a small stack of hardcover tomes in one color. We're crazy about the pumpkin hue of the books in this room, but if you don't have time to collect the perfect stack, you can buy a similar set at this Etsy book shop.
- Instead of buying a matching set, we're loving this bust-as-bookend idea! Sites like Overstock carry tons of options ranging from famous composers to Greek gods.
- To balance the books and busts, arrange a collection of colorful glass vessels on the opposite side. Keep an eye out for striking jewel tones, like these aquamarine glass canisters. The more shape and color varieties, the better!
Source: Patrick Cline for Lonny Magazine