To kick off my 12 DIYs of Christmas series, I thought I'd start with an easy, quick, and gratifying project: doily decorations! This project involves very little hands-on time, and only a few supplies. Here's what you'll need.
- Doilies (as many as you want for project)
- Ribbon or yarn
- Tiny gold safety pins
- Parchment paper
- Spray starch or thinned Elmer's glue
Find out how to make it when you read more.
- Lay doilies flat on parchment paper. The parchment paper will not stick to the doily, which will allow you to easily peel it up, later.
- Either paint on the thinned glue mixture, using a light touch, or spray the starch on the doilies.
- Let dry. Then, flip over and apply starch or glue to other side.
- After the doily has dried, attach a small ribbon to a safety pin, and pin it to the stiff doily.
- Now, use your doily as a present, or hang it on your tree or from a wreath or garland. These look gorgeous when hung in multiples.