There are many advantages to maintaining a permanent space for your crafting or sewing hobby. For one, you won't have to haul everything in and out of a closet or cupboard every time you want to work on a project. Additionally, you won't have to clean up your crafting area and put it away once you have guests over. And perhaps most importantly, having a craft corner will help you to get motivated and actually finish all of those projects you've started!
For all of my tips on creating a craft corner, read more.
- A small desk is perfect for your craft corner. Look at garage sales or flea markets for a solid wood desk. You'll want something that's sturdy and not overly precious.
- Organize with pretty tins and boxes to keep everything in its place.
- If you need additional shelving, try hanging shelves on walls to maximize space.
- Positioning your craft corner close to a window will help you to take advantage of natural light. Otherwise, use a task lamp so you're able to see everything you're working on.
- Keep all of your tools accessible. Use a large tin can or vase to hold your glue gun, scissors, and other needed tools.
- Keep things pretty! As long as you keep your space organized and pretty, it will be a joy to work in this space, as well as to look at when you're not crafting away. Since your corner will be integrated into a bedroom, living room, or study, you want the space to flow. Organization is the key to keeping things looking their best.