- First, make sure to blot (not rub or scrub) the stain with paper towels. However, if the fabric is "dry clean only," skip this step and get it to the cleaners posthaste.
- Position a dry washcloth between the layers of the fabric (such as the front and back of a blouse) to prevent staining on the back of the material.
- Mix one teaspoon of laundry soap or dish soap and one cup hydrogen peroxide in a small bowl. Dip a sponge in the bowl, and gently blot the stain.
- Review and follow any special washing directions for the type of fabric.
- If the fabric is machine washable, wash in cool water and air dry.
- If not, wash by hand with a mild detergent.
Image Source: Getty