With all the talk of living eco-friendly these days, it's easy to feel like you can never do enough to make a difference. And with so many new "green" products on the market, you might feel like you can't go green without spending a fortune. But there are plenty of ways you can make your home an environmentally friendly one without spending a penny. The bathroom can be an enemy to the environment when you consider all the water and products used there. To learn a few tips on going green in the bathroom without spending a penny, read more.
- Take shorter showers! Keep your showers under 5-7 minutes. Set an alarm just outside your bathroom each time you get in, so you'll have no choice but to get of the shower to turn it off.
- On that note, cut down the number of showers you take in general — no more showering twice a day.
- If you run your water before you get in the bath or shower until the water temperature rises, collect it in a bucket and use that cold water to water your house plants.
- Use a permanent razor with refillable blades instead of throwaway plastic ones.
- Towels don't get dirty when you dry off after each shower. Reuse them until it's necessary to wash them.
- Take a shower in the dark! I've found that taking a shower in the dark with a single candle or LED light on is supremely relaxing, and you'd be surprised how much light you don't need.
- Let your hair dry naturally! Gasp!