It's not hard to be so fresh and so clean, and it's fairly simple to be green when you clean, too. Here's a handful of tips on eco cleaning:
- Nix the paper towels, disposable wipes, etc., and go for a reusable rag, which you can wash with eco laundry detergent. Hang them to dry with some cute clothespins.
- Cut cleaning time and chemicals altogether with microfiber cloths, which can handle your sinks, floors, windows, tabletops, and mirrors with little more than water.
- Read labels. Buy eco-friendly cleaning products — look for words like biodegradable, phosphate free, and avoid ingredients such as EDTA, butoxyethanol, and bisphenol A. Don't be misled by greenwashing.
- Don't use antibacterials, sanitizers, and disinfectants unless it's absolutely necessary, such as in the kitchen to clean your butcher block after cutting raw meats. Otherwise, just use all natural cleaners or kill germs with a good soap and water scrubbing.
- Look for green-cleaning recipes in my Recipes For Clean!