By now you've learned to go green in the bathroom and the kitchen without spending money, but your work's not over yet. If you factor in the energy and water required used to run your washing machine and dryer, and then all the chemicals in your detergents, the laundry room can be a very unfriendly place. Learn some ways to go green in the laundry room without spending money when you read more.
- Check your pantry to see if you have the household supplies needed to make eco-friendly laundry detergent.
- Wash your clothes in cold water.
- Use baking soda in your rinse cycle instead of fabric softener, which is full of toxic chemicals.
- Only run your washing machine on a full load but not overloaded.
- Ditch your dryer and hang your clothes on a line or drying rack, if you have one.
- Reuse your dryer sheets for other household chores.