It may no longer be Independence Day, but flags add Summer style to your home year-round. So if you haven't already, consider hanging a flag on the exterior of your home to cheer up the neighborhood — be it an American flag, a state flag, or the flag of your favorite sports team! To learn how to install one, read more.
- Position the bracket on an exterior wall of your home.
- Mark the holes for the screws with a pencil.
- Drill the holes that you marked. If your home is brick, drill with a masonry bit into the brick.
- Screw the bracket into the wall, making sure you get the bracket on straight. Otherwise, the flag will not hang straight. Most brackets will require three screws.
- Insert the flag into the pole, and unroll it.
- Voilà! Instant curb appeal.