If you're a Netflix member like Yours Truly, you've probably got a smattering of red envelopes lying around your house. And not the romantic, love-professing kind from your sexy valentine. Although, who knows, maybe you have both! In any case, there's a way you can put that tear-off slip of paper to good use without just sending it to the recycling bin, or heaven forbid, the trash!
Using ancient origami techniques, you can transform that petit papier into a tray to hold your popcorn while you're weeping over The Notebook (Netflix's ninth most popular film). All you'll need is your hands and the tear-off Netflix flap. To learn the steps,
Here are the steps, from Netflix Origami:
- Fold the flap in half the short way, then in half the other way, so the flap is folded in quarters.
- Unfold it once and then fold the two corners of the folded edge towards the middle so that they meet at the center crease.
- Unfold the flap entirely, and lay it so it peaks in the middle.
- Push in the folds on the two longer sides towards the middle, so they're folded inward, making a triangular shape.
- Fold the sides inward so that they meet at the middle crease. Turn it over and repeat on its other side.
- Fold up the lower edge, meeting the horizontal edges of the flaps above it.
- Fold it over again, and firmly crease it. Turn over and repeat.
- Fold down the peak so it meets the bottom edge, then unfold it. This will define the bottom edges of the tray.
- Grasp the side flaps and pull them in opposite directions to open up the tray. Fini!