Is your bedroom less than relaxing? Want to figure out how to make it a place of comfort and relaxation? Then take a look at my tips!
- Keep your bedroom tidy. Clutter, piles, and messes can stress you out and remind you of tasks that need to be finished. By keeping everything in its place (or at least out of sight), you'll immediately feel calmer.
- Paint your bedroom a relaxing color. Blues, grays, neutrals, and lavenders are good choices for the bedroom.
- Banish your television and laptop. Surfing the net in bed, as well as watching television can lead to physical and mental health issues, including obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes. So keep the laptop in your office and the television in the living room, out of temptation's path.
For the rest of my tips, just
- Pick a comfortable mattress. Even better, pick a green mattress.
- Keep your bedding clean. Wash your sheets once a week in hot water, which will kill dust mites. Dust mites can exacerbate allergies and respiratory issues.
- Use blinds or curtains that allow in the right amount of light. If you work a late shift, you'll want to invest in blinds that completely shut out the sun. Otherwise, try to let in natural light in the mornings; it will help to wake you up naturally (when you don't have to get up with an alarm, that is).
- Dress your bed with soft linens, and choose sheets with a high thread count.