If, like me, you live in a home that has fairly small rooms, you're always looking for ways to make the space seem more expansive. An easy way to affect a small but significant change is by decorating with wall mirrors. Wall mirrors are often quite inexpensive, and their careful placement can definitely open up a room.
Here are a few hints for decorating with wall mirrors:
- Try hanging a series of smaller mirrors in a narrow foyer to make it seem less cramped.
- If your living room lacks a focal point, an antique mirror in a central location will bring a sense of balance to the room.
- If you have a problem room in your house that's deficient in natural light, mirrors can brighten up the room.
- Instead of a headboard, try placing a mirror above your bed.
- Several vintage beveled-edge mirrors would look stunning over a vanity, and would also expand the space around this piece of furniture.
How have you opened up a room with wall mirrors?