Since it's eco chic month, I can't tell you to avoid reading all of your favorite fab fashion magazines (or shelter magazines), but I will give you a few tips on what to do with your mags when you've finished. It's always nice to pass them along to friends, but if your friends aren't eco-conscious, it's likely they'll end up in a landfill. So, here are a few suggestions on what to do with your light reading when it starts to get heavy.
- Make a mobile out of them.
- Make a box out of them.
- Transform them into an art-like wall-hanging.
- Turn them around and around into a bowl.
- Weave them into a clutch (and have the MoMA sell it).
There are many, many more where these came from, so read more.
- Craft them into a square mirror or a round mirror.
- Make them into round placemats or rectangular ones.
- Roll them up to use as a vase or utensil holder.
- Frame your pretty face with them.
- Make a waste basket out of them.
- Wear a recycled magazine bracelet on your wrist.
- Turn them into bows to wrap your presents with.
- Secure your invites to the fridge by gluing them to magnets.
- Make paper beads from them, or paper bead fine art.
- Create disco madness.
- Make a collage and hang it on your wall.
- Or, use them to store more magazines!