Spring is the perfect time to get your home clean and organized. To help you get inspired, I've whipped up a Spring Cleaning Checklist, which you can download and print out. The PDF lists cleaning and organizing duties room by room, to keep things simple. Earlier today, I expanded on my PDF tips for cleaning your bedroom, so if you haven't read my post on cleaning, definitely do so.
To see my tips for organizing your bedroom,
- Relocate your computer station/laptop. Bedrooms should ideally be reserved for sleeping, relaxing, and getting romantic. If nothing else, invest in an under-the-bed storage container or basket that you can use to toss your laptop in and slide under the bed.
- Donate any clothes and/or shoes you have not worn in the past year that are cluttering up your closet. Also add any extra bedding you do not use to that pile, as well as books you will never lend to friends or read again. Choose your favorite local charity, or go with one of the bigger, national charities that does great work, such as Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul.
- Recycle papers and magazines that have spent too long sitting on your bedside table.
- Toss anything not in good enough condition to donate. If the objects are large, arrange a pick-up from your waste service, or take it to the dump, which will probably involve a fee.
- Add shoe storage, closet storage, and under-bed storage. You might also try reorganizing your jewelry by making my earrings shutter. Check out my finds below.