Spring is the perfect time to get your home clean and organized. To help you get inspired, I've whipped up a Spring Cleaning Checklist, which you can download and print out. The PDF lists cleaning and organizing duties room by room, to keep things simple. Earlier today, I expanded on my PDF tips for cleaning your living room, so if you haven't read my post on cleaning, definitely do so.
To see my tips for organizing your living room,
- Relocate Winter-related items such as fireplace tools and wool throws. Make sure to toss some cedar balls in with the wool throws, so they won't suffer from moth damage.
- Donate old furniture and accents that are cluttering the space. Choose your favorite local charity, or go with one of the bigger, national charities that does great work, such as Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul.
- Recycle magazines that have spent too long sitting on the coffee table.
- Toss anything not in good enough condition to donate. If the objects are large, arrange a pick-up from your waste service, or take it to the dump, which will probably involve a fee.
- Add media storage for CDs and DVDs and baskets for storing items such as games. Consider digitizing your music collection to save space, and see my picks for storage below!