"I just bought my first counter depth stainless steel fridge and I love it. It matches perfectly with my stainless steel dishwasher, oven and microwave. What I don't love is all of the finger prints on the stainless steel. No matter what I do there are always more. Does anyone have any tips on cleaning stainless steel appliances? Is there a good cleaner out there and is there anyways to prevent those pesky finger prints entirely!"
Continue reading for my stainless steel cleaning tips.
There are two methods of solving this issue. The first is removing fingerprints that are already on your refrigerator. The next is preventing future fingerprints from adhering to the surface. Check out my tips below and choose one that works for you!
- Wash with warm water and dry with a clean towel.
- Spray with glass cleaner or household ammonia and dry with a clean towel.
- Wipe away prints with furniture polish like Pledge — premoistened wipes are an easy option.
- Dip a leather sheepskin cloth like Chamois into warm water, wring out, and wipe in the direction of the grain.
- Wipe the surface down with olive oil on a clean cloth.
- Wipe or spray down with Everbrite, Cerama-Bryte, Magic Steel, or Sheila Shine. Each of these creates a thin, protective film that will actually prevent fingerprints from sticking to the surface.
Hope this helps!