Purveyor of lust-worthy wedding gowns and goods, BHLDN, just released a new video featuring oodles of the company's pretty mix-and-match separates, all set to a fun soundtrack by The Orion Experience. I'm loving many of the separates found in the video, including the Cockle Shell Skirt and the Bluebell Jacket (the company does have a knack for perfectly branding its line of clothing, doesn't it?). However, I am, of course, most drawn to the elegant folding screen that's a central character in the video.
Folding screens are a perfect addition to any number of rooms, and they can serve many uses. Here are six perfect places to set them, and how to use them in those spaces.
- In the living room, use a folding screen to discretely disguise media — such as a large TV or gaming console — that you don't want displayed regularly. When using these media items, simply fold the screen and lean it against the wall.
- In the bedroom, use a screen much as you would in the BHLDN video. It's a great way to add glamour to your closet area.
- Use a folding screen behind your bed as an alternative to a standard headboard.
- In a guest bedroom or home office, use a folding screen as an update to dated sliding mirrored closet doors.
- In a spacious bathroom, block off a freestanding or claw-foot tub with a folding screen.
- In a dining room, forgo standard wall art, and add an antique folding screen to your wall instead.