I was instantly drawn in by this bright, happy, and slightly eccentric bedroom in the pages of Sköna Hem magazine. The colors and sense of liveliness in the room are certainly attractive, but I found myself in love with some of the more out-of-the-box decorating ideas. Sure, everyone can get behind a gorgeous hot-pink and gray color combination, or a lush and blushing pot of peonies. But let's take a closer look at some of the fun and funky ways this bedroom truly sets itself apart from the crowd.
- A sartorial headboard. Who needs a regular upholstered or wooden headboard when you can make a rack of gorgeous frocks serve as just that? The rack is also suspended form the ceiling, which makes cleaning the floor a snap and doesn't clutter up this small bedroom space.
- Stacking furniture. The traditional-look furniture has been stacked on top of each other. I love how the little table, part of a matching set from the nightstand, is set right on top of it. This creates a playful look that the furniture set couldn't have achieved if it had been arranged in a normal fashion.
- Magazines as wall art. The row of hanging magazines creates a constantly changing gallery of gorgeous cover art, while providing some reading material at the same time.
- A handmade bed (or at least the look of one). The bed's gorgeous comforters top off a white bed frame that looks like it might have been handmade and definitely sports a more rough-hewn look. The boxy centerpiece is a nice contrast with the more feminine lines in the room.
- Brass elements. The floor lamp's brass head, the brass-look mirror, and the brass nightstand all provide glam touches that pull the room's look together. Without them, this bedroom wouldn't radiate the same girlish glamour.
What do you think of this room? Are you a fan as well? Or is it a bit too playful for your taste?