I have a terrible problem. It's an addiction really. I sometimes fall in love with items I have no use for but I buy them anyway. I recently found some tiles that were begging to jump in my shopping bag, so I forked over the cash and packed them in my suitcase. I couldn't figure out what to do with them until I watched an episode of Parenthood. One of the props on the counter was a stack of pretty little drink plates. A quick trip to the craft store and I've got myself a pretty new set of table coasters!
To see how to make them, just
- E 6000 glue
- Tiles — flat, not arched ones
- Sharp scissors
- Place your tile on a sheet of felt and outline it.
- Cut out the squares. Cut on the inside of the outline as you want the felt piece to be a bit smaller than the tile.
- Apply the E6000 glue to the back of the tile and quickly but accurately place the felt on top of it.
- Flip it over and place something heavy on top of the tile so it sets well while it dries.
Photo courtesy of NBC