I'm excited to present a post from one of my favorite sites, Stylelist Home!
Believe it or not, redecorating your home doesn't need to be a massive and expensive project. Simple touches like adding a decorative tray or changing your pillow cases can have dramatic effects. To help you get inspired, we pulled together 14 easy decorating ideas that will update your home without breaking your budget. In fact, most of these projects are completely free . . . and the rest weigh in at under $10.
- Rearrange the bookshelf. Reorganizing the bookshelf will easily make an entire room look more styled and polished, and you don't even have to get rid of anything. One tip is to arrange your books so they look like a smooth landscape of rolling hills. Put the tallest in the middle and fan out to the smallest or create multiple peaks (as long as the books flow together) or lay a few books on their side and stack them like a pyramid.
- Rearrange your furniture. This may sound simple, but rearranging furniture is a great (and free!) way to completely change the look and feel of your home. If you always find yourself climbing over an ottoman, move your couch back to create a passing lane. Is it too cramped? Try moving your side table to another room that's more spacious.
- Change a light switch plate. Finding the light switch is always a daunting task, especially for guests. So why not try decoupaging pretty patterned paper to the plate for a nice pop of color? Your friends will thank you and a little touch of color will liven up any space.
- Make pillow covers. One yard of fabric is all you need to make two adorable decorative pillow covers. Adding a fresh pattern or color to your living room or bed will elevate the design and you can buy designer fabrics on sale for an inexpensive price.
- Buy fresh flowers. A vase full of fresh flowers instantly brings life to any space, especially in the dreary winter months when everything outside is cold and pretty lackluster. You don't need to get fancy—a bouquet of supermarket roses in a happy hue is enough to make a difference.