Jane Aldridge from Sea of Shoes is all grown up and finally settled into her first apartment! It's no surprise that her digs reflect the sophisticated bohemian style we've seen on her fashion blog. A strategic layout, textured layers, and vibrant colors and prints are just some of the characteristics of Jane's new pad. I'm honing in on the key tricks Jane uses to transform her first apartment into a livable work of art. Keep reading to see how you can re-create the same look in your home!
- Add visual space by placing a pair of floor-length mirrors against a dividing wall – extra points if the mirrors look like arched doors!
- Liven neutral furniture with a vibrantly hued ethnic print rug. It will add loads of drama and style to the room so that your anchor furniture pieces can easily transition.
- Place table lamps on small acrylic end tables to create the illusion of layered, floating light.
- Throw a sheepskin over the top of a sofa, settee, or chair to add luxurious texture to furniture.
- Even the most sophisticated interiors can use a dose of playful kitsch. I like the idea of using this cat soap dispenser in a bathroom covered in wallpaper. For the best effect, go for one with deep colors and a bohemian print.
Keep reading for more tips on how to steal the look of Jane's apartment!