What we know today as the iconic shift dress was originally designed by the late Lilly Pulitzer as a way to keep cool while working her Palm Beach juice stand. Pulitzer, who passed away on April 7, proved that bold patterns and classic silhouettes were a successful fashion formula. Inspired by famous fans like First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, we're channeling her Palm Beach aesthetic — home style. Shop the Pulitzer-inspired decor pieces below to add a punch of tropical prep to your pad!
- Calliope Lantern ($1,850): though it's offered in a range of colors, we think the dainty scalloped frame is well-suited for baby blue.
- Darlington Chairs ($475 for a set of two): a coat of water-based, eco-friendly paint in Pepto-pink gives these rattan stunners modern appeal.
- D. Porthault's Demoiselles Bedding (price upon request): enjoy perennial Spring (in the form of printed cotton percale!).
- Blue and White Painted Porcelain Vase ($42): perfectly stunning with or without flowers, this offers a spin on the traditional ginger jar.
- 3 Piece Cake Plate Set ($98, originally $140): spread these across a table or stack to preserve room for more sweets!
- Dream Nest Sham ($50): its quilted texture and vibrant palette are enough to perk up any bed or sofa.
- Foo Dogs ($58 for a set of two): these chinoiserie staples aren't the least bit stuffy, thanks to their bold tangerine hue.
- X Bench in Venice Peacock ($645): this versatile piece can be used as a side table or extra seating in a pinch.
- Indoor Outdoor Mirrored Planter ($748): ferns have never looked so glamorous!