Last night, at the launch party for Trad Home, Beth Brenner of Traditional Home magazine (left) posed with Lisa Sternfeld, interior designer on the "20 New Trad Designers" list , featured in the premiere May issue of Trad Home, the new online shelter publication co-created by the editors of Traditional Home and Lonny. Trad Home is aimed at the next generation of design lovers.
In the feature article 20 New Traditionals, Lisa, along with 19 other designers, offer "tips from the trade" for ways to integrate their personal aesthetic and design tips into readers' homes.
Keep reading for Lisa's tips!
- Choose bottom-up shades for kitchens and bathrooms. These offer privacy but still allow beautiful light to flow through.
- Consider your paint colors wisely. Selecting softer colors will help reflect light back into the space.
- To maximize natural light, choose window treatments made of natural fabrics — open weaves or sheers are best bets.
- For a serene space, opt for tonal variations in color, and then layer in texture and pattern for more visual interest.
- Mix different scales, textures, shapes, colors, and time periods for a more interesting, dynamic space.
The May issue of Trad Home is now now live on Traditional Home and Lonny Mag. Make sure to check out the entire issue, and also take a peek at Lisa's fantastic designs on her site, Lisa Sternfeld Interior Design.
Party photo courtesy of Larry Baglio