Yesterday, I motored over to Sausalito, CA, to meet Lily Kanter and take a turn around the Serena & Lily showroom. Once there, I was greeted by Lily Kanter herself, who showed me around the impeccably styled showroom. It was great to have the opportunity to check out all of the goods in person, and I came away from my visit with a lot of interesting tidbits about the showroom, the company, and the people behind it.
Here are my top five fun facts about the visit:
- Serena and Lily bonded over their shared desire for better options in nursery bedding, and since that first collection, the ideas just keep getting better and better. In fact, the two new nursery bedding collections I peeked at are my favorite yet (and sorry, that's a total teaser, since I can't show you any images yet).
- However, I can show you two new furniture lines that will be available in January. Representing opposite ends of the spectrum (one urban with a smaller silhouette, the other sprawling and more country-inspired), they're identical in one sense: their beautiful design. The photo above is actually of one of the chairs. I'll show you more pictures tomorrow, so check back.
- Lily, who gave me a tour around the showroom, is a mom through and through. She happily approved my request to bring along my baby and entertained him with cuddles and sweet nothings while we were there.
- There's simply no way to appreciate the quality of the Serena & Lily product line from the catalog alone. As beautifully styled as the online and print catalog is, nothing beats touching the textiles and furniture pieces in person. They're even more lovely than you'd imagine from the photos.
- I also got to check out the chunky wool throw from our Facebook giveaway. The open weave knit and thick wool used in its design is infinitely cozy.
Check out some photos from my tour!