Are you color shy? If sticking to neutrals is your modus operandi, try coming out of your comfort zone by adding a splash of color here and there. On the Today Show, design guru Nate Berkus offered up five simple tips for color-cautious creatures as they baby step their way into vibrant hues.
Curious to know what the five things are?
- Bookcases: As we've seen before, a splash of brightness can bring a whole new look to an old setting.
- Chairs: Take a simple chair and smother it in an eye-popping color for a dramatic look.
- Floor: Don't ignore the old floors. Instead of investing loads of money in refinishing them, pop a fun paint color on them. Just make sure to use the best sealer, too.
- Accent tables: Highlight a dull spot in the room with a dramatic little side or console table.
- Headboard: A vibrant headboard can be the staple in the bedroom. It will make people think an interior designer has been there. You can even DIY!