I don't know about you, but I have a crazy list of home-related errands to run and projects to accomplish this weekend. I'm hosting both friends and future in-laws this next holiday weekend (which starts on Wednesday night, eek!), and I don't have a lot of time left to get everything done.
So, for this weekend's Open House, I want to hear your lists. What are you prioritizing? What can be left until later? Just leave your ideas in the comments section below. Next Monday I'll compile our CasaSugar lists and we can all let out a collective groan—or sigh of relief, depending on how much we actually accomplished—when we swap lists.
To see my list, as well as to leave a comment, just
Here's my list, in priority from most to least important (and these are going to probably bleed over into Monday and Tuesday evening as well).
- Clean the house. This includes figuring out where that weird smell (behind the pull-out garbage can, perhaps?) is emanating from. This also includes wiping down all of the annoying metallic kitchen cabinets that collects fingerprints as if they're forensic investigators.
- Go to Ikea to pick up extra chairs for Thanksgiving. Do this on Friday night before the hordes of weekend shoppers descend.
- Drill holes in the back of the new/old Danish credenza for stereo equipment cords. Take pictures of this for Casa. Move massive amounts of stereo equipment into credeza. Close doors. Do victory dance because you don't have to look at stereo equipment any longer.
- Find fall-friendly plants and flowers to replant in the pots on the porch and deck.
- Finalize Thanksgiving recipes and make shopping lists. Farm out shopping duties (including picking up the heritage turkey) to the dude you're engaged to.
- Look for perfect sweet potato recipe for Thanksgiving, as well as a good cornbread stuffing recipe.
- Sew napkins for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Paint foyer.
- Organize huge piles of camping/skiing/backpacking equipment that's in a pile in the garage.
- Collapse in relief when this is done.