In a recent How Would You post, I asked you to rework these hand-carved spoons so they serve a different decorating or practical function in your home. You came up with a handful of creative suggestions to give these beautiful spoons a new purpose, that would work well with other decorative spoons you have laying around your house.
- Historygal3 has a similar set in her home from Mali. She says, "They're on display on my bookcase with a handcarved bowl I also bought in Africa."
- Emo_stacer was joking when she said, "Put them into a nautical theme and have them take the place of the crossed oars." But actually, I think it's a great idea!
- Sweetpeabrina says, "I would mount these on the wall in my kitchen and use them to hang kitchen utensils from."
- Aimeeb suggested using them as cabinet hardware.
- Wakeupandora suggested hanging dish towels and oven mitts from them.
- HWJ suggested creating a "a Calder-esque mobile" with them.
- Biochemlovely wrote, "I would attach them together at the end of the thin parts, and use them as frames for photographs."
- And last but not least, PrincessTracy wrote, "I would arrange them (with some other items of color to brighten it up) in a glass top display table."