I know that many of you are huge fans of Holly Becker's blog Decor8 (I'm definitely in that category as well), so you're probably well aware of her new book, Decorate, which will be released in the US in mid-May through Chronicle Books. I got to take a sneak peek of the book, and it's absolutely lovely.
Within the book's nearly 300 pages, decorating tips, tricks, and ideas are supplied by designers and decor experts. The book makes creating beautiful, functional, creative spaces in your home much more understandable, and details the steps to get there in a matter-of-fact and fun way. Keep reading for a sneak peek at the book and my top 10 reasons to pre-order it now!
- Need help planning out a space? There's a (big, detailed, easy to understand) section on that.
- There are over 500 color photos, and they're all gorgeous.
- Inspirational quotes abound, from designers as diverse as Kelly Wearstler and Fitzhugh Karol.
- It takes functionality into serious consideration. This book isn't just about the eye candy.
- Creative spaces, such as craft rooms or craft corners, are prominently featured.
- The book has a great section on flowers — what to do with them, how to display them, and how to get them to last, and look good, in your home.
- Confused about how to lay out furniture? Check out the book's included floor plans for a breakdown.
You can pre-order Decorate through Chronicle Books now!