No one likes a less-than-fresh jack-o’-lantern. In areas of the country where temperatures are warmer than ideal, a rotting carved pumpkin can be an issue. Not to fret though, there are a few ways to prevent this Halloween tragedy.
First, trade out your candle for an LED candle. This will reduce heat gain inside your jack-o'-lantern, which in turn reduces rot. Next, swab a bit of oxygen bleach over the cut edges.
And finally, if you're really interested in keeping your jack-o’-lantern burning for the long haul, put it in a plastic bag and refrigerate it between lighting.