Since the economy is what it is, I thought I'd take the opportunity to share a few simple and affordable ways to spruce up your master bedroom.
- Pillows You can add pillows to your bed to give a little extra color, texture or just a little something special to the room. You can buy pillows or make pillow covers for ones you might already have that are a little outdated. Check out how to cover your pillows here!
- Throw Blankets Again, this is a quick way to add color, texture, and interest to the biggest feature in the room, your bed! Make it a warm, snugly one for the Winter and something light and airy for the summertime.
- Paint Your Old Nightstands Are your nightstands looking a little dated or ragged? The simple fix is to give them a quick upgrade with a coat of primer and two coats of paint. Go bold with a bright color or sleek with a glossy dark finish.
- DIY Artwork Add an interesting graphic print, or even a great quilt, to your wall to add interest behind your bed and draw the eye to the focal part of the room. You can even buy pre-hung canvases and give them a little touch of "you" by painting them to match the decor. Make them solids, add a floral or graphic pattern and voilà! You have a whole new room.
- A New Rug Do you have hardwood floors in your bedroom? A new rug is a perfect way to change the whole room. Go with something dark or bold to give the room a whole new flavor.
Do you have any tips to share? Be sure to post your ideas in the Su Casa group!