>> Video: RJ Cutler's "The Met Ball" Short Film —Vogue posted a short video on the planning of this year's American Woman-themed Costume Institute Gala, but if you're looking for a more in-depth peek behind the scenes, The September Issue's director RJ Cutler produced a short film, The Met Ball, leading up to and covering the 2007 Paul Poiret-themed event, which was just posted online in its entirety. Among the highlights, Hamish Bowles trying on a robe at Tom Ford, which he calls "a bit too queeny for me," and Sally Singer summing up the event as such: "It's one of those evenings where there's no real inherent value to the meal -— it's a fashion dinner so there's never an inherent value to the meal; the whole point is to go to the bathroom a lot to keep looking at people as you go in and out of the bathroom, and see who's in the bathroom." [Part 1, Part 2]
Monday night marked the most star-filled event we've seen in months (literally), the Costume Institute Gala at The Met. Most of the women looked totally fabulous, but there were a few who were, um, less stunning. Here's what else went down:
- Last weekend had its share of fun times, what with the Kentucky Derby, Spider-Man record breaking, Shrek the 3rd premiere and Oscar de la Hoya Fight. Wheeee!
- Speaking of Cameron (we were?) she looked pretty seriously smoking this week. Unfortunately, sometimes she should watch what comes out of her mouth. Just saying.
- The Paris Goes To Jail story plugged along. This week, with 100% more completely ridiculous comparisons to former presidents! Hey, at least she got herself a fancy new statement writer.
- Meanwhile, Lindsay's week was clean and mischief free. NOT. Heh. She started out the week with a scandal. Rather than acknowledge it, she just shacked up with a new man, did some interviews, and went on her her way. Also, her mom is still totes crazy and attention starved.
- We got to see little Maddox with his parental units going to and from school. Being such a badass at such a young age, perhaps he should be the one to suggest that hid dad lose the hat.
- Got some time on your hands? Here's a puzzle. Here's a game. And go vote on our Pop100 list -- every rating counts!
Both Mischa Barton and Lindsay Lohan opted for mature ballet-style buns at the Costume Institute Gala in NYC. Although they both look very pretty, I think Mischa pulled off her bun with just a tad more class, since it was smoother and sleeker than LL's messier 'do. Who do you think looked better?
Wow! The fashion and beauty looks last night at the Met's Costume Institute Gala were simply out of this world and kept us busy all day long! We wanted to make sure you got a chance to vote on all the red carpet looks, so click on the links below and tell us what you thought. Who were my faves? Not the usual suspects actually: Kate Bosworth, Mischa Barton, Mary-Kate Olsen and Liv Tyler! Who were your favorites? There are just so many to choose from...
Just when you thought you had seen everyone at last night's Costume Institute Gala, here's another whole crop of gorgeous celebs who made it out! Christina Ricci had it right when she announced: "It's the East Coast Oscars!" The night was really about the designers, but lucky for us they choose some of our absolute favorites to model their creations on the red carpet -- like Scarlett for Stella McCartney and Lucy for Zac Posen. Kate Bosworth and Emily Blunt, on the other hand, stuck with their real life men. Be sure to weigh in on some of the best and worst of the red carpet Fashions and Beauty looks!
TONS more pics including Parker Posey, Hilary Swank, George Lucas, Chris Evans, Claudia Schiffer, Jimmy Fallon, Rose McGowan, Donald Trump and many many more so just read more
John and Jess may have arrived at last night's Costume Institute Gala with their respective dates -- John with Roberta Armani, Jess with Roberto Cavalli -- but the happy couple met up inside and were sure to leave the party hand in hand. While on the red carpet, Jessica's dress and super tan were a bit severe, to say the least, but something about her in a candid setting seems a bit more toned down appropriate. I mean, still in your face sexy, but better? Maybe I'm crazy, though. Mostly, I just love seeing these two together. Also, can we talk a minute about how hot John Mayer looks? I've said it before, but what a difference a haircut makes -- Edward Scissorhands era Johnny Depp much?
At last night's Poiret: King of Fashion Costume Institute Gala in New York, Jessica Simpson fully abandoned the natural look she's been sporting with John Mayer and went glitzy glam with bronzed skin, red hair, and very full red lips. What do you think?