Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen provided much-needed respite from the usual hectic scene during NYFW, presenting their Elizabeth and James Spring '13 collection in an intimate, serene setting at Industria Studios.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen provided much-needed respite from the usual hectic scene during NYFW, presenting their Elizabeth and James Spring '13 collection in an intimate, serene setting at Industria Studios. The vibe was cool and relaxed, just like the collection itself, which showed off the sisters' penchant for designing tailored pieces with an effortless edge and a much bigger jewelry assortment featuring exotic beaded bracelets, wooden bangles, and covetable eyewear. Trenches were made in crisp linen, taffeta trousers emanated a soft sheen, and washed silk tops were draped just perfectly so. While the majority of the separates were bare of any prints, a crop of beautifully tailored jacquard printed blazers and slim-fit trousers added an exotic element to the line. We especially loved the worldly, luxe feel of the orchid-hued blazer paired with cropped wide-leg taffeta trousers. And every look was paired with strappy, multicolored flats, proving that you don't need to be in heels to look sleek and sophisticated.
- Trends: Jacquard prints, loose trousers, shiny finishes.
- Colors: White, magenta, light peach, black, copper, coral, blue.
- Key Piece: The orchid jacquard printed blazer, magenta taffeta pants, and metallic sandals were a perfect pairing.
- Accessories: Multicolored flat sandals, oversized tribal earrings, cat-eye sunglasses, large wooden stacked bangles.
- Who Should Wear It: These effortlessly luxe pieces fit the personality of girls like Kirsten Dunst, Anne Hathaway, and, of course, their sister Elizabeth Olsen.