We caught up with American Idol's Stefano Langone and Casey Abrams shortly after they were sent packing from the show to get the real story on what life is like behind the scenes — and to grill Casey on his now-infamous kiss with Jennifer Lopez! Watch our interview to find out who they wished would win AI this season and to get their take on new TV singing competitions like The Voice and The X Factor. Stefano and Casey also told us where fans can buy tickets for the American Idol tour, which kicks off in July with a few extra surprises in store. Of course, we couldn't let them leave our studios without singing for us. Check it out and watch as Scotty and Lauren battle it out on the Idol finale this week!
Casey Abrams put the moves on Jennifer Lopez last night! The American Idol judge got a surprise kiss from the contestant after his performance of Maroon 5's "Harder to Breathe" — but she didn't seem to mind. Take a look at the smooch, plus details on Jennifer's new reality TV show with husband Marc Anthony.
Casey Abrams is American Idol's one to watch after his emotional breakdown during last week's episode, and last night Jimmy Fallon paid tribute to the contestant with his latest musical impersonation. Watch as he sports Casey's red beard and imitates his signature growl — all while promoting various products. Though Casey earned high marks from the judges this week, with a double elimination coming up tonight it's a good thing Jimmy got his jokes in while he can.
Watch the video when you read more
After last week's unexpectedly emotional results show, Casey Abrams will be back on the American Idol stage tomorrow night, thanks to a save from the judges. It's only the third time in Idol history that a contestant has been given a second chance, which got me thinking about the other guys (only men have earned the honor) who were thrown a lifesaver. Casey won't be going home with the crown if history repeats itself, but here are the stats on the former Idol contestants who were saved by the judges.
Matt Giraud, Season Eight
- When was he saved? Piano-playing Giraud made it to the top seven before America voted him off, but the judges gave him a second chance.
- How long did he last? Giraud was only able to hang on for one more round before exiting the competition as one of the top five (two idols were eliminated the week after he was saved).
- Who won his season? Kris Allen.
Michael Lynche, Season Nine
- When was he saved? Lynche was one of the top nine, but was nearly cut before the judges saved him.
- How long did he last? Lynche proved that the judges made a good decision and clung on for a few more weeks. He made it to the top four before he was finally cut.
- Who won his season? Lee DeWyze.
Photos courtesy of Fox
It was one of the most shocking results shows in American Idol history! Casey Abrams was voted off last night, but in a surprising move, the judges used their only save of the entire season to keep Casey in the competition — and he nearly passed out from the astonishment! That wasn't the only big moment of the evening; Steven Tyler also got a birthday treat when Stevie Wonder took the stage to serenade the Aerosmith singer. Take a look!