Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Stella McCartney will introduce a collection of lingerie next month made of organic cotton and recycled metal (for the rings on the bra straps). "Feeling constricted by one's underwear just isn't my thing; you need to rely on the quality," she said. Bras will cost $55, and panties will go for $26. [T Magazine]
- Dolce & Gabbana's debut showing of couture — or, more appropriately, Alta Moda — was so intense that several people actually fainted during the festivities surrounding it. [The Cut]
- Now that couture week is over, Karlie Kloss is looking forward to a family trip to Denmark. "That's where my grandparents are originally from, and I just booked for the entire family. We're meeting relatives we never met," she said. [Page Six]
- Jason Wu dispensed a piece of advice to aspiring young designers during a breakfast talk this week that everyone should follow. "Sometimes you just need a good night of sleep," he said. [WWD]
- Chloe Sevigny says she has trouble getting designers to lend her dresses. "Aren't I one of the top searches on Style.com, for crying out loud?" she said jokingly in a recent interview. "How hard is it to get a f*cking dress from Valentino?" [Out]
- APC partnered with Nike to refresh its classic Dunk and Air Max sneakers. The reissued shoes will be available in APC stores and online at the end of August. [Refinery29]
- Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender are on the cover of the August issue of W magazine. [Design Scene]
- Banana Republic partnered with Virgin America to outfit the airline's 1,200 flight attendants with new uniforms in a palette of gray, black, and orange. The uniforms will debut on Aug. 8, and travelers will be able to purchase pieces inspired by the uniforms during their flights. [Fashionologie Inbox]
Those stories and more in our daily news digest.
Reports of Prabal Gurung's death are not true. The designer reassured his Twitter followers that he is, in fact, "safe n sound," despite a news report claiming that he died in a car accident along Route 80 in New Jersey. [The Daily Telegraph]
Anna Wintour was spotted with someone who looked a lot like John Galliano at the Ritz Paris. An Instagram user shot photos of the two entering the hotel's restaurant, L'Espadon, on Monday. [The Cut]
Katie Holmes and Jeanne Yang's line, Holmes & Yang, will make its New York Fashion Week debut this September. [MTV Style]
Chloe Sevigny is reprising her role as the face of Miu Miu for Fall 2012 in ads shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. The last time Sevigny starred in a campaign for the brand was in 1996. [The Huffington Post]
Miranda Kerr has been honored with a wax figure at the Madame Tussauds outpost in Sydney, Australia. [SassyBella]