Last night marked the premiere of Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars. We recently had a chance to sit down with the show's male competitors to talk about taking a second spin on the dance floor. One of the all-stars will get the boot on tonight's episode, but in the meantime, see what the guys had to say about their competitors and the dances they want to do over!
Newly engaged duo Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo chatted with his brother Drew and his wife Lea at the airport in Florence on Saturday. The foursome spent the holidays in Cincinnati with family before heading off on their luxurious vacation to ring in 2011 in Tuscany. Nick joked in an interview with Rachael Ray that they could tie the knot while on their Italian getaway, though he quickly cleared up the confusion saying they were just celebrating their big announcement.
- John McCain has selected Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to be his running mate. — CitizenSugar
- Rumor has it Jennifer Aniston is guest starring on 30 Rock and will film in New York next week. — Star
- Oprah Winfrey said she "cried [her] eyelashes off" during Barack Obama's speech last night. — AP
- Michael Jackson turns 50 today! How well do you know the birthday boy? — PopSugar UK
- Drew Lachey will kick off of the new Broadway Season on Sept. 14 in Times Square. — People
- ICYMI, David Duchovny has checked himself into rehab for sex addiction.
- Studio Babelsberg AG, the German studio that coproduced Valkyrie with United Artists, has offered a settlement to the 12 extras who are suing UA for $12 million. — E! Online
This Kentucky Derby was full of highs and lows this weekend as the usual slew of celebrities donned their finest hats and preppiest suits to catch the big race. Naturally Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt were there and looking ridiculous and even Adrian Grenier cleaned up for the big day — well, kind of. Nick Lachey, his brother Drew and Joey Fatone hosted the after party and didn't look too emotionally scarred by having to see the runner up horse Eight Belles have to be euthanized on the track immediately after breaking both her ankles finishing the race. The crown belonged to Big Brown and despite the sad outcome for the filly, I'm sure there were more than a few mint juleps for everyone.
To see more from the day including Carson Daly, Chelsea Clinton, Kendra Wilkerson and others just read more
The sunny weather brought out folks around the country. Tom Cruise and his older kids caught a game, Keri Russell hung out with lil River and Jessica Alba celebrated her last birthday before babe. Take a look at our gallery to see who was up to what.
To see the gallery of pictures, read more
Nick Lachey was nice enough to lend his LAX expertise to Drew and his family, dropping them off for a flight on Friday. He'll have to cut back on his busy life of jet-setting now that he's got a new gig all lined up. Nick's Summer plans include hosting a High School Musical-type reality show. Not as relaxing as vacationing with his lady, but sounds like a good gig while she pursues her career as a serious actress.
The cast of Speed Racer saw a perfect opportunity to promote their film at the 2008 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race in Long Beach on Saturday. Emile Hirsch and Matthew Fox looked cool and casual as they watched from the sidelines, while the ladies got a bit more dressed up. Christina Ricci wasn't going to let a sports event stop her from looking girly in her high heels and cute hair — what do you think of her wavy bob? Drew Lachey slipped into a jumpsuit to race for charity and Nick couldn't resist pulling the bunny ears for the photo op — we guess that's just what big brothers are for.
More pics of everyone above, plus Wilmer Valderrama and John Goodman, so just read more
- Another American Idol contestant was sent home last night. What do you think of the remaining 10? — BuzzSugar
- Drew Lachey and his Dancing With the Stars partner Cheryl Burke are denying claims that they had an affair while filming the show. — People
- A construction worker committed suicide yesterday at one of Mel Gibson's homes. Since the residence was undergoing heavy renovations, Mel and his family weren't there. — TMZ
- A woman who pitched an idea for a reality show based on philanthropy has filed a lawsuit against Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Productions, claiming that they stole her idea for their new show, The Big Give. — Rush & Molloy
- Viveca A. Fox will host a new show on VH1 called, Glam God With Vivica A. Fox, which will search for the next great celebrity stylist. — Reuters
- That Thing You Do! star Ethan Embry has settled a case with a Deal or No Deal model who says that he left her injured on the side of the road following a motorcycle accident in 2005. — TMZ
Photos courtesy of Fox
I sure can . . . and now's our chance! Dancing With the Stars winner, Drew Lachey and his German Shepherd, Luka, wanna get the word out that every canine can be a celebripup! They're inviting dog lovers across the country to join and show off their picture-perfect pooches by entering themr with Purina's "Picture Your Dog in Times Square". On June 19 all valid photos will be featured on the Reuters/NASDAQ Digital Tower Billboards in midtown Manhattan, giving each pup face time in one of America's most famous intersections.
To learn how to get started, read more
The brothers Lachey headed to LAX yesterday to get out of town for what looks like a boys-only Labor Day weekend getaway. Lately it seems like Nick spends most of his time hanging around airports with Vanessa, but his brother is making career moves. Riding the coattails of his big Dancing With The Stars win last year, Drew is going to try his hand at hosting a new spinoff called Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann. The six week series will feature two of the Dancing With The Stars judges competing against each other to form the ultimate dance team. Maybe Nick and Vanessa will even take a break from their busy life of jet setting to make an appearance on Drew's new show. Thrilling, isn't it?
More of Nick and Drew making their way to the airport so just read more